Let’s go tubing!
[Palmetto Post-Mor...]
Stampede Get Together!
[Calgary Post-Morm...]
We're going to Camp Quest!
[Switzerland Post-...]
Why I am a Better Mother
by aworkinprogress
SF Bay Area Monthly Gathering SUNDAY (5/4)
exmoinaz
SF Bay Area Monthly Gathering SUNDAY (5/4)
owned
The Mormon Mask
by Born Free
Las Vegas Meetup--Jazz in the Park Saturday May 10 6:30PM
onendagus
Resignation Letter to My Family
ShadowSage
ShadowSage
Guru Busters
by Flora4
Guru Busters
by Flora4
Hbush1987
General Non-Conference: Palmetto State Session
Swearing Elder
Sunday Morning Hangout at Container Park March 30th
onendagus
Second Wednesdays
Houston
Swearing Elder
dovahkiyn
February Meetup Sunday the 16th 2:00pm Grand Cafe at Sunset Station
onendagus
Visitors welcome !
priorvej12
Las Vegas meetup Sun Jan 12th 1pm at Milos in Boulder City
onendagus
January 5th- Southern Utah PostMormon Lecture Series
gypsyrose
Book of Mormon Tories
by Tom Donofrio
Book of Mormon Tories
by Nogginus Skepticalus
Native American DNA
by GTM
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings!
Reuben
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings!
Virginia Steve
CALM meet up for June
4bagel
  It gets better! Resources to help with coping
  House Rules for posting on this website
  Why is there sometimes anger here?
  Glossary of Post-Mormon Terms
  Frequently Asked Questions

WongWay and BobbiesPath wrote a book: “The Collapse of Belief” (and it’s all your fault)

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-30

It's finally published! After several rewrites which took almost three years, the book (that had its genesis from a thread here on Postmo) is rolling off the presses.

Thanks to all of you who gave us feedback on the early versions. Your suggestions were extremely helpful and made the final product one we hope can be useful to people who are dealing with the trauma of a disintegrating belief system.

Here is the synopsis of the book from our press kit:

The Collapse of Belief is an odd little book with a powerful idea. In its pages you will be introduced to the concept that a belief is another word for a paradigm—and that by shifting your paradigms consciously you can reduce or eliminate the pain caused by cataclysmic changes in your life.

The authors take you through the belief-building process as they explain the Belief Window and describe the boxes you create and inhabit because of your beliefs. They will show you how to read beliefs, both your own and others’, and how to avoid being trapped in intractable situations because of erroneous beliefs. They will then show you how to deal with the catastrophic loss of a defining belief or governing paradigm, and teach you the discernment process that can support you through it. You will see the options and possibilities that are now open to you, and learn how a belief collapse can be the doorway to a new and expanding world.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-22

Wasn't this previously available online in draft form? I read it and it was a great read, lots of good personal examples and examples from others as well. I hope Amazon makes it available in Canada. (Can't check Amazon from work).

To anyone wondering... if the draft is anything to go by, I really recommed this. It was easy and pleasant to read without sacrificing any of the weightiness of the subject matter.

Signature 

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
You’re like the Gandhi of postmo. - Lloyd Dobler

Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-20

Kurt and Barbara, I received a copy of your book in the mail yesterday.  Thank you!  I love the book!  It's a fun read and I love having in one place all the insights you've told me about over the course of many past conversations.  I miss hanging out with you two. Gotta do it again sometime this year.

Signature 

Life has no meaning. Each of us has meaning and we bring it to life. It is a waste to be asking the question when you are the answer.
- Joseph Campbell

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-21

I will probably wind up getting this book soon. It looks like something that could really be useful to me right now, especially since I'm so new at this.
 Signature 

The truth split my skull open, a glaring green light washing the lies away. Funny as Hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-10

Congratulations to the Hanks duo!

Just ordered my copy, which will be waiting when I next make it home. It is well worth a second and third reading.

For anyone who did not peek at the draft, The Collapse of Belief is reader friendly, and for the visually oriented like me, the delightful illustrations serve to enhance the concepts and insights generated.

Signature 

“Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all.”
                      -Hypatia of Alexandria

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-30

Matter Unorganized:

Wasn't this previously available online in draft form? I read it and it was a great read, lots of good personal examples and examples from others as well. I hope Amazon makes it available in Canada. (Can't check Amazon from work).

To anyone wondering... if the draft is anything to go by, I really recommed this. It was easy and pleasant to read without sacrificing any of the weightiness of the subject matter.

Thanks, MU, for your endorsement. And yes, the book was online for a while as we were working out the bugs.

Writing a book is quite a process! This was my first one, but Kurt has written quite a number in the past, either alone or in collaboration with others.

Here's a partial list of his previous books:

Design Yourself!

The Change Navigator

Rapid Viz

Draw!

Gaining Control

The Santa Claus Book

The Rapid Viz Toolkit

Up Your Productivity

Motivating People

Getting Your Message Across

Wake Up Your Creative Genius

Five Secrets to Personal Productivity

RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-10

Jeff Ricks:

Kurt and Barbara, I received a copy of your book in the mail yesterday.  Thank you!  I love the book!  It's a fun read and I love having in one place all the insights you've told me about over the course of many past conversations.  I miss hanging out with you two. Gotta do it again sometime this year.

Glad you like the book, Jeff. We miss hanging with you, too. Come visit sometime!

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-30

hypatia:

Congratulations to the Hanks duo!

Just ordered my copy, which will be waiting when I next make it home. It is well worth a second and third reading.

For anyone who did not peek at the draft, The Collapse of Belief is reader friendly, and for the visually oriented like me, the delightful illustrations serve to enhance the concepts and insights generated.

Hypatia, thanks for the kind words about our book. We would have sent you one, but didn't know your address across the world.

Hope to see you soon!

Our next project
will be announced soon.

Tax exempt status.
Heretic

Logged in: 1
Not logged in: 67
Logged in anonymous: 0
(Joined in last 24 hours)

Dr. J

Total members: 9655
Missing moral center