June 2, 2007: New York Times article. LINK

(that's mamapajama in the green)

July 12, 2007: Provo, Utah billboard. LINK

July 17, 2007: Pocatello, Idaho billboard. LINK

July 30, 2007: First Salt Lake City billboard. LINK

August 5, 2007: Ogden Utah newspaper article. LINK

September 17, 2007: Utah Valley State College newspaper article. LINK

October 8, 2007: Second Salt Lake City billboard. LINK

December 2007: Salt Lake Tribune newspaper ad. Click the ad to see a larger image.

February 3, 2008: St. George, Utah billboard. LINK

April 9, 2008: Utah State University newspaper article about USU Post-Mormons chapter. LINK

August 29, 2008: Gilbert, Arizona billboard. LINK

Sept 10, 2008: KJAZZ TV News interview.

(CLICK THE IMAGE ABOVE TO WATCH THE VIDEO)  

December 2008 thru January 2009: 2 Boise, Idaho billboards.  The first one was in Meridian, the second one in Nampa. LINK

In August through the end of September of 2009: One billboard at two different locations in Twin Falls, Idaho. LINK

More to come!! 

Signature 

When man has so far corrupted and prostituted the chastity of his mind, as to subscribe his professional belief to things he does not believe, he has prepared himself for the commission of every other crime.—Thomas Paine

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Cool article about MamaP! Go Mama!

Jeff, cool highlights! More to come? Oh, YEAH!

Signature 

opisjvom[gfb sk

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-25

Thank you for sharing. Seriously. I needed this board so much when I moved to AZ, and the whole thing with my dad. I think a major reason I am OK with so much right now is because of everyone here. (BTW, I totally lurk, a lot!) I just can't get into responding too much, because of the whole going back to school as an adult and taking care of my dad thing...but this place has really helped...after I realized that ... OOPS! I moved into a Mo'Org Beltway, my childhood came crashing in on me, and I am not sure how I would've handled it without this place.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-26

Sometime in the foreseeable future:

Jeff Ricks reminds Dutch that pinching female buttocks is not a "token" of the Post-Mormon priesthood, and is not required for entry into the forums.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-13

Awesome links and milestones!

Not to be condescending but there was another milestone that occurred on February 12 of this year.  A simple oversight im sure.  Thanx for everyones work on the site!

<------------

RankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-02

Should the Gilbert "August 29, 2007: Gilbert, Arizona billboard." read 2008??
 Signature 

”....oh, just one more thing?”

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-30

Wonderful!! I love seeing things like this...!!
 Signature 

No, I am not LDS.

Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-20

Columbo:
Should the Gilbert "August 29, 2007: Gilbert, Arizona billboard." read 2008??

Oops.     Thanks!

Signature 

When man has so far corrupted and prostituted the chastity of his mind, as to subscribe his professional belief to things he does not believe, he has prepared himself for the commission of every other crime.—Thomas Paine

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-10

Thanks for the visual essay, Jeff. Very clever.

For me, sooooooo much more interesting than a glob of words to wade through.

I found myself mentally inserting my own membership in the pictorial timeline.

Cool.

Thanks!

PS. It's interesting that from the picture of the original incorporation (I take it all are the first officers? or are they the first members?), I recognize the screen names of three people (including yours). I am curious---have the others moved on?

Signature 

“Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all.”
                      -Hypatia of Alexandria

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-04

Frank:

Sometime in the foreseeable future:

Jeff Ricks reminds Dutch that pinching female buttocks is not a "token" of the Post-Mormon priesthood, and is not required for entry into the forums.

Jeff already told me about that, so I replaced "pinching" with "sweeping and cupping."  It's less intrusive and can be done with either, or both, hands, whether I am an one side or the other, in front of or behind the buttock-carrier.

Signature 

Doing stupid things faster and with more energy for slightly longer than Peter_Mary

Here’s to Hartlyn
PinkRibbon.jpg
http://dutchsplace.blogspot.com

Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-20

hypatia:

Thanks for the visual essay, Jeff. Very clever.

For me, sooooooo much more interesting than a glob of words to wade through.

I found myself mentally inserting my own membership in the pictorial timeline.

Cool.

Thanks!

PS. It's interesting that from the picture of the original incorporation (I take it all are the first officers? or are they the first members?), I recognize the screen names of three people (including yours). I am curious---have the others moved on?

The five on the right side were the first trustees of the organization. Hotrod and I are still in our same officer positions. The others have moved on. Silverfox was the Discussion Forums Manager for 2005 - 2006 (she wasn't able to make it to the meeting, so we see here there in spirit). Oomatrix was the Secretary. And big eddy was the Board Chair. Peter Mary and Tjohnson were and still are staff members (Peep Stone Manager, and Technical Services Manager who also hosts our website), and peter Mary is also on our advisory board.

Signature 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-29

Very nice but I think you forgot to mention May 29, 2007, jahedgpeth joined the postmormon community.

Signature 

MY BLOG: http://www.thisisjohns.blogspot.com

Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-20

jahedgpeth:

Very nice but I think you forgot to mention May 29, 2007, jahedgpeth joined the postmormon community.

Sorry John, you and Dawgma didn't quite make the A list for highlights. You didn't pay your postMo tithing this month.

(Note: For any newbies and lurkers, there is no PostMo tithing, just so you know.)

Signature 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-28

Are the smiley faces stamped on everyone's foreheads the sign of secret combinations??????

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-18

That was really cool to see. June of 2006 was just before we "came out of the fog" so to speak...and it wasn't too long after that that I discovered postmo. I too found myself inserting my own history in those moments of postmo history.

Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-20

limes:
Are the smiley faces stamped on everyone's foreheads the sign of secret combinations??????

Hey, at least we're a happy secret combination. 

Signature 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-22

That was a very interesting article about MamaP!! Glad you posted all of this as I for one, did not know the whole "history" of Postmo.   And as we all know, knowledge of an organizations history can be a very important thing.

Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-20

UnMerry Miss:
, knowledge of an organizations history can be a very important thing.

Yes, and we even tell the non-faith-promoting parts. Or we WOULD if we had any.

Signature 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-29

Jeff Ricks:
jahedgpeth:

Sorry John, you and Dawgma didn't quite make the A list for highlights. You didn't pay your postMo tithing this month.
(Note: For any newbies and lurkers, there is no PostMo tithing, just so you know.)

That's right Jeff, milk before meat........

::whispers to the newbies::

No tithing until you hit 100 posts. (JK)

Signature 

MY BLOG: http://www.thisisjohns.blogspot.com

Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-20

I'm bumping this old thread to the top so our history has a bit more visibility for new members to see. I've also made it a sticky thread.

We'll soon have a billboard up in the Twin Falls area! We need to review pricing and locations from the sign companies, then sometime next week we'll announce when and where the billboard will go up!

Signature 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-06

jahedgpeth:
Jeff Ricks:
jahedgpeth:

That's right Jeff, milk before meat........

::whispers to the newbies::

No tithing until you hit 100 posts. (JK)

You are allowed to chose a polygamist S.O. when you reach 1,000 posts (AS) 

Signature 

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be”

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-30

My first thought after reading all that has been done in the history of Post-mo is that it is A LOT OF WORK!!!

Thank you everyone who has put countless time and energy into helping people deal with everything when they find out about the church.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-18

Very interesting for us "history buffs."  I wish I could thank the first "brave souls" personally.  Thanks for bumping it back to the top for us newer members.  PostMo's work has just begun but like a stone cut out of the mountain....
 Signature 

I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man—Thomas Jefferson

It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.—e.e.cummings

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-15

I've been meaning to comment on what a wonderful little "time capsule" this is, Jeff!!  I didn't know about the Idaho Falls billboard, though.  Snarky little buggars!!

I'll be PMing you soon about what's involved in creating a 501(c)(3) organization, too.  Just want to know what I'm up against.

Signature 

The above post is merely the experience, observation and perspective of a NeverMo, offered in support of the members of PostMormon.org

“Nolite te bastardes carborundorum” aka: “Don’t let the bastards grind you down.” — “The Handmaid’s Tale” ...Margaret Atwood

“Nearly 7 billion people on the planet, hurting one person’s feelings really isn’t a big deal. You’ll find other friends. Better ones that won’t try to force feed you pig shit.” — General Smith

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-20

Jeff Ricks:

April 23, 2005: We incorporate as a non-profit organization. LINK

I notice you identify all of the "founders" of PostMo (Joe had six founding members, PostMo had seven!), but you don't identify the urn in the back. Whose ashes are in there? B.H. Roberts, perhaps?

I love this historical recap. Great stuff. 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-24

What a journey it's been!  I'm so grateful for this site...

Our next project
will be announced soon.

Tax exempt status.
firefighter007
jake9995
Jennilee
Nephi
sak_pase

Logged in: 5
Not logged in: 68
Logged in anonymous: 0
(Joined in last 24 hours)