FACEBOOK INFO
Barn
October 5th PostMormon Lecture Series 2014
Starfleet
October 5th PostMormon Lecture Series 2014
alvie
Why I am a Better Mother
by aworkinprogress
SF Bay Area Monthly Gathering SUNDAY (5/4)
exmoinaz
SF Bay Area Monthly Gathering SUNDAY (5/4)
owned
The Mormon Mask
by Born Free
Las Vegas Meetup--Jazz in the Park Saturday May 10 6:30PM
onendagus
Resignation Letter to My Family
ShadowSage
ShadowSage
Guru Busters
by Flora4
Guru Busters
by Flora4
Hbush1987
General Non-Conference: Palmetto State Session
Swearing Elder
Sunday Morning Hangout at Container Park March 30th
onendagus
Second Wednesdays
Houston
Swearing Elder
dovahkiyn
February Meetup Sunday the 16th 2:00pm Grand Cafe at Sunset Station
onendagus
Visitors welcome !
priorvej12
Las Vegas meetup Sun Jan 12th 1pm at Milos in Boulder City
onendagus
January 5th- Southern Utah PostMormon Lecture Series
gypsyrose
Book of Mormon Tories
by Tom Donofrio
  It gets better! Resources to help with coping
  House Rules for posting on this website
  Why is there sometimes anger here?
  Glossary of Post-Mormon Terms
  Frequently Asked Questions

John William Yettaw: Another Mormon Embarrasment

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-20

I happen to have CNN on and BAM! another idiot Mormon in the news.

Aung San Suu Kyi, Nobel Laureate who is under house arrest in Myanmar, was just weeks from the end of her imprisonment term. Then John William Yettaw decided to swim a mile to her house, uninvited, unannounced. Now they have extended the imprisonment term and will try her for the crime of having an unauthorized visitor even though she did not know him, invite him, and begged him to leave.

Here's a news link about him and a post on Times & Seasons also came up when I googled this dork.  Thanks, Brother Yettaw. Just what we needed -- another Mormon in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-12

Maybe they can switch and he can serve her sentence...(idiot.)
 Signature 

I’ve begun worshiping the sun for a number of reasons. First of all, unlike some other gods I could mention, I can see the sun. It’s there for me every day. And the things it brings me are quite apparent all the time: heat, light, food, a lovely day. There’s no mystery, no one asks for money, I don’t have to dress up, and there’s no boring pageantry. And interestingly enough, I have found that the prayers I offer to the sun and the prayers I formerly offered to God are all answered at about the same 50-percent rate.” George Carlin

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-21

That bastard.

Mo or not, He has really messed up the delicate balance of things there.  She's the rightful leader of that country and now the military has an excuse (not that they have needed one before) to keep her imprisoned.

I hope they lock his sorry ass up. 

Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-07

Gilgal, your 2nd link seems to not be pointing where you intended.

How about this...

http://timesandseasons.org/index.php/2009/05/anyone-know-john-william-yettaw/

Signature 

As Neo reaches for the red pill Morpheus warns Neo
“Remember, all I’m offering is the truth. Nothing more.”

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-07

Wonderboy finally made it to the SLTrib: 

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_12370334

Nobel Winner Suu Kyi charged in Myanmar after American Mormon's visit

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-12

Next time someone asks me how I can say that delusional TBM beliefs represent a clear and present danger to society, this will be the perfect, recent and heartbreaking example.

This is a powerful illustration of how irrational "faith based" actions, conceived by magical thinking (belief held in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary), can do irreparable harm to others.

A rational person would have taken the time to understand the applicable law before putting his freedom and the freedom of innocent victims at risk. The TBM mindset is  "if one is engaged in a good cause (a good cause being a cause that one feels good about), then God will watch over and protect them."

Hope this dumbass enjoys the "divine intervention" he is likely to experience in a Burmese jail for the next few years.

I also hope the bloggers among us will give this story the treatment it deserves.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-20

How 'bout that. The Book of Mormon may help convict a Nobel Prize winner of something that was completely out of her control.  Nice work, Brother Yettaw.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705306159/LDS-book-used-against-Suu-Kyi.html 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-12

Gov. Huntsman's off to China to save Yetty's life....(snicker.) But what about Suu-Kyi??
 Signature 

I’ve begun worshiping the sun for a number of reasons. First of all, unlike some other gods I could mention, I can see the sun. It’s there for me every day. And the things it brings me are quite apparent all the time: heat, light, food, a lovely day. There’s no mystery, no one asks for money, I don’t have to dress up, and there’s no boring pageantry. And interestingly enough, I have found that the prayers I offer to the sun and the prayers I formerly offered to God are all answered at about the same 50-percent rate.” George Carlin

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-12

There was an update of this story on NPR yesterday as well as a story today in the UK Telegraph. Looks as if the military government is going to stick to their guns (no pun intended) and keep Suu-Kye under house arrest for another 5 years because of this faith-based action. There is apparently a possibility that she will be transferred to a prison for the next five years.

The international diplomatic community has been mobilized in her behalf, but in the last few days, the latest NK nuclear test has taken center stage.

The rational thinking community should not let this important story slip beneath the waves.  This is a perfect example, in our own day, of a delusional god-driven nut case adversely affecting the life of an innocent victim who is also a national leader.

This action directly and adversely affects the people of Burma in general. It is paramount to the willful imprisonment of the rightful leader of a foreign country.

Here is an update from the UK Telegraph Newspaper.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-20

DrW:

There was an update of this story on NPR yesterday as well as a stoy today in the UK Telegraph. Looks as if the military government is going to stick to their guns (no pun intended) and keep Suu-Kye under house arrest for another 5 years because of this faith-based action. There is apparently a possibility that she will be transferred to a prison for the next five years.

The international diplomatic community has been mobilized in her behalf, but in the last few days, the latest NK nuclear test has taken center stage.

The rational thinking community should not let this important story slip beneath the waves.  This is a perfect example, in our own day, of a delusional god-driven nut case adversely affecting the life of an innocent victim who is also a national leader.

This action directly and adversely affects the people of Burma in general. It is paramount to the willful imprisonment of the rightful leader of a foreign country.

Here is an update from the UK Telegraph Newspaper.

One of the stories I read quoted him as saying that he felt "inspired" to visit her. Yeah, inspired indeed. Inspired to condemn a Nobel Peace Prize winner to another five years in prison. Yep, I'm sure that's god's plan for her. 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-04

Here is an updated link for the Deseret News story Gilgal Garden linked above.

As for Yettaw: Way to go, guy.  Any other political leaders and countries that you wanna screw over?

Signature 

“Believe me I am not part of the mind control cult.  Whatever that is supposed to be.”
-Nathan Young

NotGaryStu: Exploring diverse warm fuzzies since 2009.

Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-20

"Mr. Kyi Win said Mr. Yettaw was a Mormon and that he had prayed often while he was in the house."

Well it's a darn good thing he prayed often while he was there, otherwise he might have done something stupid, like get her arrested again.

Signature 

Life has no meaning. Each of us has meaning and we bring it to life. It is a waste to be asking the question when you are the answer.
- Joseph Campbell

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-12

There's some interesting details that weren't known before.... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8067127.stm
 Signature 

Our next project
will be announced soon.

Tax exempt status.
epiph0ne

Logged in: 2
Not logged in: 61
Logged in anonymous: 1
(Joined in last 24 hours)

teddy

Total members: 9786
Lost again?
by Old Kinderhooker