FACEBOOK INFO
Barn
October 5th PostMormon Lecture Series 2014
Starfleet
October 5th PostMormon Lecture Series 2014
alvie
Why I am a Better Mother
by aworkinprogress
SF Bay Area Monthly Gathering SUNDAY (5/4)
exmoinaz
SF Bay Area Monthly Gathering SUNDAY (5/4)
owned
The Mormon Mask
by Born Free
Las Vegas Meetup--Jazz in the Park Saturday May 10 6:30PM
onendagus
Resignation Letter to My Family
ShadowSage
ShadowSage
Guru Busters
by Flora4
Guru Busters
by Flora4
Hbush1987
General Non-Conference: Palmetto State Session
Swearing Elder
Sunday Morning Hangout at Container Park March 30th
onendagus
Second Wednesdays
Houston
Swearing Elder
dovahkiyn
February Meetup Sunday the 16th 2:00pm Grand Cafe at Sunset Station
onendagus
Visitors welcome !
priorvej12
Las Vegas meetup Sun Jan 12th 1pm at Milos in Boulder City
onendagus
January 5th- Southern Utah PostMormon Lecture Series
gypsyrose
Book of Mormon Tories
by Tom Donofrio
Book of Mormon Tories
by Nogginus Skepticalus
  It gets better! Resources to help with coping
  House Rules for posting on this website
  Why is there sometimes anger here?
  Glossary of Post-Mormon Terms
  Frequently Asked Questions

General Petraeus at BYU

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-08

This is what General Petraeus had to say about why Mormons made such good soldiers.  The audience actually laughed.  Can you believe it?

Gen. David Petraeus began his remarks at BYU Thursday night, the commanding general of U.S. Central Command shared his sense of humor by reading the following list, which was received by waves of laughter and applause.

General Petraeus' Top 10 reasons BYU grads make good soldiers:

10 — They have already been on many a mission.

9 — Army chow is no problem for folks accustomed to eating green Jell-o and shredded carrots.

8 — It's not a problem if they don't know what rank someone is, they just refer to them as Brother or Sister so-and-so.

7 — They never go AWOL. They just call it being less active.

6 — They will seize any objective swiftly if you tell them refreshments will be served.

5 — They know how to make things happen. In fact if you ever need a base built quickly in a barren wasteland, stride out to where you want them to start, plant your walking stick down and say in a loud voice, "This is the place."

4 — They have innovative ideas for handling insurgents — like assigning them home teachers.

Story continues below
<!--cSctn has invalid value--><!--flv has invalid value--><!--rTg has invalid value--><!--rTg has invalid value--><!--MME--><!--TRK:a:1745316938166290900,m:600594379.600615533.406363266.403865905-->

3 — They always have a years' supply of provisions on hand.

2 — They are the world's most reliable designated drivers.

1 — They understand how far Iraq has come over the last seven years, and they think that Iraq's old spot in the "Axis of Evil" can now be filled by the University of Utah.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-23

scotmama:

This is what General Petraeus had to say about why Mormons made such good soldiers.  The audience actually laughed.  Can you believe it?

Gen. David Petraeus began his remarks at BYU Thursday night, the commanding general of U.S. Central Command shared his sense of humor by reading the following list, which was received by waves of laughter and applause.

General Petraeus' Top 10 reasons BYU grads make good soldiers:

10 — They have already been on many a mission.

9 — Army chow is no problem for folks accustomed to eating green Jell-o and shredded carrots.

8 — It's not a problem if they don't know what rank someone is, they just refer to them as Brother or Sister so-and-so.

7 — They never go AWOL. They just call it being less active.

6 — They will seize any objective swiftly if you tell them refreshments will be served.

5 — They know how to make things happen. In fact if you ever need a base built quickly in a barren wasteland, stride out to where you want them to start, plant your walking stick down and say in a loud voice, "This is the place."

4 — They have innovative ideas for handling insurgents — like assigning them home teachers.

Story continues below
<!--cSctn has invalid value--><!--flv has invalid value--><!--rTg has invalid value--><!--rTg has invalid value--><!--MME--><!--TRK:a:1745316938166290900,m:600594379.600615533.406363266.403865905-->

3 — They always have a years' supply of provisions on hand.

2 — They are the world's most reliable designated drivers.

1 — They understand how far Iraq has come over the last seven years, and they think that Iraq's old spot in the "Axis of Evil" can now be filled by the University of Utah.

Signature 

Bipolar Express - We believe in being honest, true, chased by an elephant…

“Uprise, unite, and form numbers.  Realize that dream and stop hunger.” - Carlos Cornia

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-06

Oh yeah!!!
 Signature 

First of all, let me make one thing quite clear:  I NEVER explain ANYTHING!  Mary Poppins

(formerly LiveLoveLaugh)

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-06

OK, but now that I think about it, I am confused. Why was the good General at BYU? Were there recruiters waiting at tables outside the doors? (That may be a good idea! Think of the great publicity for the morg. Can just see the headline; "75% of new soldiers heading to war are from BYU".
 Signature 

First of all, let me make one thing quite clear:  I NEVER explain ANYTHING!  Mary Poppins

(formerly LiveLoveLaugh)

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-21

Out of curiosity I attempted to find what Gen. David Petraeus religious beliefs are but Google was mum. He certainly had some Intel on Mormonism to help him with his speech humor. Apparently the BYU students really ate it up. I wonder if Petraeus questioned the humor wondering if it was kind of weird.

The article can be found  here.

Signature 

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.” - John 3:20, KJV

The Bright Light of Skeptical Scrutiny is the best disinfectant.

Each of us is a prisoner if we live in a world without wonder and curiosity, and we must be willing to explore the world of ideas if we want to be free. Marietta McCarty explaining the meaning of Plato’s Allegory of the Cave.

Our next project
will be announced soon.

Tax exempt status.
BornLDS
dave (e_nomo)
Hank
huehuetenango
Inexile
Troubled Wife

Logged in: 6
Not logged in: 84
Logged in anonymous: 0