FACEBOOK INFO
Barn
October 5th PostMormon Lecture Series 2014
Starfleet
October 5th PostMormon Lecture Series 2014
alvie
Why I am a Better Mother
by aworkinprogress
SF Bay Area Monthly Gathering SUNDAY (5/4)
exmoinaz
SF Bay Area Monthly Gathering SUNDAY (5/4)
owned
The Mormon Mask
by Born Free
Las Vegas Meetup--Jazz in the Park Saturday May 10 6:30PM
onendagus
Resignation Letter to My Family
ShadowSage
ShadowSage
Guru Busters
by Flora4
Guru Busters
by Flora4
Hbush1987
General Non-Conference: Palmetto State Session
Swearing Elder
Sunday Morning Hangout at Container Park March 30th
onendagus
Second Wednesdays
Houston
Swearing Elder
dovahkiyn
February Meetup Sunday the 16th 2:00pm Grand Cafe at Sunset Station
onendagus
Visitors welcome !
priorvej12
Las Vegas meetup Sun Jan 12th 1pm at Milos in Boulder City
onendagus
January 5th- Southern Utah PostMormon Lecture Series
gypsyrose
Book of Mormon Tories
by Tom Donofrio
  It gets better! Resources to help with coping
  House Rules for posting on this website
  Why is there sometimes anger here?
  Glossary of Post-Mormon Terms
  Frequently Asked Questions

M. Russell Ballard and Quentin L. Cook honored at $1,000-a-plate award night for anti-gay crusader

RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-13

Chuck Colson, Bill Marriott & Mormon Elders Cook, Ballard and Wickman throw a party for NOM’s Robert P. George.

Check out the VIPs at the Annual Canterbury Medal Dinner.

Jeremy has a backgrounder.

For your viewing pleasure, here’s an excerpt from NOM Chairman Robby George’s talk at BYU, titled “Utah will be whipped into line.” Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XCAC8zVBD8

Did you catch Robby’s Civil War comparison? Good grief. He’s a lunatic. And he’s got the ear of the LDS leadership.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-24

I actually know some of these people: Bill Marriott was my stake president for years and Ralph Hardy was our family's home teacher.  Hardy was later the stake president when I was released from my mission.  His wife Carole looks great--I wonder if she's had surg...

Poor Mr. Marriott.  Trying to please his church, trying not to alienate customers.  It's a hard, hard life...

Edited to add: and here are Presidents Marriott and Hardy photographed partying with imbibers.  The appearance of evil, brothers, the appearance of evil...

Alright, peeps.  I've been on long enough, and have been spouting off way too much...time to get some sleep before the day begins in earnest....

Signature 

“Be born anywhere, little embyro novelist, but do not be born under the shadow of a great creed, not under the burden of original sin, not under the doom of salvation. Go out and be born among the gypsies or thieves or among happy workaday people who live in the sun and do not think about their souls.”  ~Pearl S. Buck

RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-13

This is currently on the front page diary list at Daily Kos.

If anyone can spare a rec and tip over there, it'll help promote the diary and help me push this story.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/6/23/878602/-Mormon-leaders-co-chair-$1,000-a-plate-award-night-for-anti-gay-crusader-Robby-George

Thanks!

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-01

Back in the fall of 2008, I met with my SP to voice my discent over the whole prop8 thing. He told me that in a training meeting with Ballard, that they were told by Elder Ballard that stopping the "gay agenda" and gay marriage was the church's top priority. I was really shocked by that. Wars, hunger, poverty, enviromental and economic problems cover the earth and Ballard had the perspective that stopping the gays is God's top priority? WTF! Of course my SP thought it was the most important thing as well, proving that the middle managers in the church have no thoughts of their own.
 Signature 

Watch my videos challenging Mormonism
http://www.youtube.com/user/FlackerMan

RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-13

Hey Sleight of Hand,

Can I quote you anonymously (I'd like to copy-and-paste your comment into my post)?  I wouldn't mention where I found it.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-01

Chino Blanco:

Hey Sleight of Hand,

Can I quote you anonymously (I'd like to copy-and-paste your comment into my post)?  I wouldn't mention where I found it.

You sure can. I wouldn't mind if you did say where you found it, it would still be anonymous.

Signature 

Watch my videos challenging Mormonism
http://www.youtube.com/user/FlackerMan

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-11

i'm glad you posted this chino--

if I were in attendance at the "speach" i would have stood up and clapped and cheered that utah would be "whipped into line"  !!!  

this story makes my blood boil.

makes me distrust mormonism even more than it already does!

poodledoodledude

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-24

"gay agenda" = equal rights...

Orson Scott Card was one of my favorite authors... I feel like I've been punched in the gut.. I loved his books... what a bigot piece of crap.

Signature 

I didn’t fall away, I jumped! (I kinda stole that from ladyinthehat)

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-28

Were Ballard and Cook complimentary guests, or did the church spend tithing money on their $1000 meals?

Quite the story, with devoted, obedient church members in third world countries going to bed hungry many nights.

Mr George's remarks at BYU were quite offensive, especially his attempt to bring Abraham Lincoln in on the side of the bigots.  Lincoln's line about a state not being able to survive "half slave and half free," if applied to Gay marriage, actually undercuts George's message.  Denying civil rights to Gays is analogous to supporting slavery.  I'm sure Lincoln never imagined the US would someday become all slave.  He dedicated his life to seeing slavery done away with.

Likewise, someday in the future marriage between Gays will be legal throughout the US, and little minds like Robby George will have been forgotten, as have most pre-civil war promoters of slavery. 

Signature 

The Church is always trying to get other people to reform; it might not be a bad idea to reform itself a little by way of example.
    —Mark Twain in A Tramp Abroad

Our next project
will be announced soon.

Tax exempt status.
Bluegrasser
nessid
sak_pase
Strong Free & Thankful

Logged in: 4
Not logged in: 69
Logged in anonymous: 0
(Joined in last 24 hours)