Annual ExMormon Sacramento Party
[San Francisco Bay...]
Let’s go tubing!
[Palmetto Post-Mor...]
Stampede Get Together!
[Calgary Post-Morm...]
Why I am a Better Mother
by aworkinprogress
SF Bay Area Monthly Gathering SUNDAY (5/4)
exmoinaz
SF Bay Area Monthly Gathering SUNDAY (5/4)
owned
The Mormon Mask
by Born Free
Las Vegas Meetup--Jazz in the Park Saturday May 10 6:30PM
onendagus
Resignation Letter to My Family
ShadowSage
ShadowSage
Guru Busters
by Flora4
Guru Busters
by Flora4
Hbush1987
General Non-Conference: Palmetto State Session
Swearing Elder
Sunday Morning Hangout at Container Park March 30th
onendagus
Second Wednesdays
Houston
Swearing Elder
dovahkiyn
February Meetup Sunday the 16th 2:00pm Grand Cafe at Sunset Station
onendagus
Visitors welcome !
priorvej12
Las Vegas meetup Sun Jan 12th 1pm at Milos in Boulder City
onendagus
January 5th- Southern Utah PostMormon Lecture Series
gypsyrose
Book of Mormon Tories
by Tom Donofrio
Book of Mormon Tories
by Nogginus Skepticalus
Native American DNA
by GTM
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings!
Reuben
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings!
Virginia Steve
CALM meet up for June
4bagel
  It gets better! Resources to help with coping
  House Rules for posting on this website
  Why is there sometimes anger here?
  Glossary of Post-Mormon Terms
  Frequently Asked Questions

‘’ CHILD ABUSE IN PROGRESS ‘’ BANNER IN FRONT OF A MORMON CHURCH ON A BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY MORNING

RankRank
Joined  2012-12-10

August 24th 2013 

August 24th 2013 

On August 24th 2013, I have placed a 18 ' x 4 ' banner mounted on 17 ' telescopic poles in front of a Mormon Church in the area of Montreal in order to denounce publicly the emotional, psychological and psychosexual child abuse perpetuated by TSCC. 

Many of you know about my personal and painful experience as a mormon child which has brought me to file a lawsuit against TSCC and for those who does not know and interested to know where I come from I refer you to my initial topic on the postmo community forum:

http://www.postmormon.org/exp_e/index.php/discussions/viewthread/35633/

So why am I saying that TSCC is abusing children ?  Mainly for two reasons.

First, because it is a fraud and second because many of TSCC teachings, dogmas, doctrines and rituals are dammaging to children.

Let's start up with the fraud argument.

I have come to the conclusion that TSCC was a fraud in the process of preparing my legal case in 2011 more precisesly when was I told about the publishing of a book by the attorney and ex-mormon (postmo as well) Kay Burningham ( An American Fraud : One Lawyer's Case Against Mormonism ). 

While realizing with proper professional help that my psychosexual injuries was related to the mormon psychosexual abuse when I was a child was frustrating enough, realizing that those injuries was not only due to the recklessness behavior of TSSC but also due to the fact that the whole thing was a fraud was a devastating experience.  

The feelings of being betrayed was overwhelming.  

My reading of Kay's wonderful book got me to read and investigate about her references and that's how I got familiar for instance with Jerald and Sandra Tanner website http://www.utlm.org, mormonthink.com, postmormon.org, mormonismdisproved.org, the book of Charles Larson titled '' By his own hands upon papyrus '' and so on.

Reading for the first time about the multiple accounts of the First Vision, the plagiarism with historical novels of '' A view of the Hebrews '' and '' A  manuscript found '' as well as the use of The King James Bible (even with its unique translations errors), the Book of Abraham (Pearl of Great Lies), Kinderhook Plates, the head in the hat real translation method, the DNA evidence and so on was to say the least shocking.

Let me invite here all the mormons who wants to know more about the fraud argument to what I consider the best summary there is out there e.g the Jeremy Runnels Letter dated April 2013 :  

http://mormonthink.com/personalstories/A_Letter_to_a_CES_Director.pdf

http://www.postmormon.org/exp_e/index.php/discussions/viewthread/36727/ 

Realizing that all this guilt, self-hatred and humiliation of mine thoughtout all those years was ultimately caused by a man made historical novel of a con man has generated anger inside of me for which I am still trying to canalize into ways that will help me to heal rather than to enhance my injuries.

So, it goes without saying that if the mormon church is a fraud, it necessarily entails that submitting children to 5000 hours of indoctrination within a fraudulent organization is definitively emotional and psychological abuse especially when you consider that TSCC is threatening children of Celestial damnation if they quite the fraud.  How sick is this ?

Two months after filing my legal action against TSCC, i have sent them a registered letter to the TSCC attorneys in which I explained them why I consider their client is a Fraud indeed with the knowledge I gained from Kay's inspired book.  Here is an excerpt that I translated for you folks :

Knowing the fraudulent origins of their canonical books « Pearl of Great  Price » and « The Book of Mormon '' or, knowing it had insufficient knowledge upon which to base representations such as claiming that those writings had divine origins, THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS IN CANADA has, despite this, intentionally, maliciously or at the very least recklessly, spread continually false representations of its origins with complete disregard of its own member’s rights, freedom, dignity, integrity as well as their psychic, psychological, and moral well beings in order  to deceive and defraud them and therefore gaining illicitly financial and social benefits. 

Now let's go over my second argument.

Indeed, I believe that the Mormon dogmas and teachings aimed to children are dammaging such as ;

- The Law of Chastity which is more like the Law of sexual repression (Better dead clean than alive unclean masturbation leads to total homosexuality - and so on )

- The Worthiness Interview is inducing shame and embarrasment to chidren especially when you are ask at age 12 if you are mastubating.  This is sick and it should be criminal.  See some of the unfortunate stories here :

http://www.postmormon.org/exp_e/index.php/discussions/viewthread/37653/ 

My thoughts goes with postmo DaveManCan whose son commited suicide last year.  I am so sorry for your lost and I am simply saying to you that I will do all I can within the range of my capabilities and possibilities to address this issu.

Since I have covered this aspect in my initial posting, I won't go over it in more details but feel free to use the link showed at the begining of this topic.  I am also planning to share shortly an English version of my lawsuit complaint.

As per what the reactions were on August 24th, many of the priesthood holders came to see me and asked me what it was all about.  I simply told them what I have just mentioned above :  They called the police.  

Obviously, I had obtained the autorisation of the local police few days prior the event so when the police showed up, they told the Bishop (who happens to be an ex instructor of mine at Sunday School) that I had the right to be there with the result of adding more drama to the scene which I obviously wanted to immortalize in pictures.

From what I heard, the Bishop told the audience inside at the begining of their ceremony that the person who was in front of the church was not denouncing sexual abuse but the Bishop obviously failed to explain what kind of abuse I was refering to.

Interestingly enough, none of the priesthood holders who came to talk to me told me that they were sorry for what I went thought.  In fact, the only mormon who told me so was a mother who joined TSCC a year ago whom was with her 12 years old daughter.  Don't get me wrong here, I didn't go there to receive apologies especially with that kind of message up in the air for everyone to see it but I thought it was pretty revealing eventhought.  I told that lady among other tings to not let her 12 years old daughter alone with the bishop and she seemed to agree with me.

I also told them that eventhought it mght be hard to believe for them at that particular moment, I was doing this also because I love them, because I care about them.  I know those people want to do what is the best for their family but unfortunately they didn't find out yet that they all have been lied to just like I was.  I told them that maybe someday, at some point in there life, they will find out about the TSCC and will rememnber me and understand only then what I was trying to do.

I was there along with a sister of mine(ex-mo), her boyfriend (never mo) and also a cousin of mine (ex-mo) who used to attend that particular church and even went on a mission in France.   It was more confronting for my cousin because he had to face her TBM sister of his that was there.  More interestingly, his father (my uncle) is the public affair guy of the Montreal stake and was pretty upset to see his own son to participate in such a event.  I told my cousin prior the event that if he wasn't prepared to face the heat that he shouldn't come but he still wanted to offer me his support for which I am grateful.

So that sums it up.  Any comments, critics, questions, recommandations ?  If so, I'll be glad to read you.

François Morin

Montréal, Canada 

Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-20

François,

I want to congratulate you on your creative, well thought out, and effective way of raising public awareness of some of the darker side of Mormonism. You are now officially one of my heroes. 

Signature 

Life has no meaning. Each of us has meaning and we bring it to life. It is a waste to be asking the question when you are the answer.
- Joseph Campbell

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-28

Signature 

The Book of Mormon is Christian “Fan Fiction”.... I am not a fan :)

RankRankRank
Joined  2013-03-17

Keep fighting the good fight. 
 Signature 

George Taylor: The way you humiliated me? All of you? YOU led me around on a LEASH!
Cornelius: That was different. We thought you were inferior.
George Taylor: Now you know better.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-17

Thank you for your efforts.  I hope the courts find in your favor.
 Signature 

“I’m having the best day of my life, and I owe it all to not going to Church!”—Homer Simpson, The Simpsons

“I don’t object to the concept of a deity, but I’m baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.”—Amy Farrah Fowler, The Big Bang Theory

“For the record, I do have genitals. They’re functional and aesthetically pleasing.”—Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory

All comments, statements, opinions, suggestions, and information expressed, or quotes cited, represent the exclusive viewpoint of Aleut at that point in time and are NOT meant to compel or represent agreement by the reader. Aleut will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-15

Brava!  Bellissimo, François!!  

So... Did the LEO [Law Enforcement Officer] in the 2nd photo try to arrest you?  [Don't see how he could, seeing as how your banner and stanchions are/were on the PUBLIC sidewalk.  

Signature 

The above post is merely the experience, observation and perspective of a NeverMo, offered in support of the members of PostMormon.org

“Nolite te bastardes carborundorum” aka: “Don’t let the bastards grind you down.” — “The Handmaid’s Tale” ...Margaret Atwood

“Nearly 7 billion people on the planet, hurting one person’s feelings really isn’t a big deal. You’ll find other friends. Better ones that won’t try to force feed you pig shit.” — General Smith

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-18

Thank you!!
 Signature 

I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man—Thomas Jefferson

It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.—e.e.cummings

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-12

Perhaps the police will now "interview" every bishop/stake president in the area, asking if they asked sexual questions to anyone under the age of 21...or anyone mentally challenged. (Especially asking if they masturbate.) This should be interesting. Keep us posted.
 Signature 

I’ve begun worshiping the sun for a number of reasons. First of all, unlike some other gods I could mention, I can see the sun. It’s there for me every day. And the things it brings me are quite apparent all the time: heat, light, food, a lovely day. There’s no mystery, no one asks for money, I don’t have to dress up, and there’s no boring pageantry. And interestingly enough, I have found that the prayers I offer to the sun and the prayers I formerly offered to God are all answered at about the same 50-percent rate.” George Carlin

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-10-23

WONDERFUL!

I applaud your actions wholeheartedly.

I must admit, however, that I'm surprised you were not hassled by the police.  Your sign has ONLY English.  If you did this near Montreal shouldn't it have included French as well?

Signature 

Did I mention how glad I am that this forum exists?

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-06-03

Woody:

WONDERFUL!

I applaud your actions wholeheartedly.

I must admit, however, that I'm surprised you were not hassled by the police.  Your sign has ONLY English.  If you did this near Montreal shouldn't it have included French as well?

not only that, but french first! Lol!

Signature 

Everything we believed in was a lie
Cross the oceans in your mind
Find a way to blur the line

Oceans ~ Evanescence

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-22

What Is Wanted:

Ah, que tu as des GOSSES en acier, mon gars!*

*You have balls of steel, my boy!

Signature 

Take me to church
I’ll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I’ll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life- Take Me To Church, Hozier

You’re like the Gandhi of postmo. - Lloyd Dobler

RankRank
Joined  2013-06-12

Wow!  Your courage is really awesome.  I was also suprised to see that there was a church in Montreal.  Now living in St. Albans VT (about an hour south) I just didn't think the church would actually be able to infiltrate Quebec!  That is a real and scary eye opener! 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-08

Wow! I really admire your courage. As others have said, you really do have balls of steel.
 Signature 

I’m proud to be a B.I.T.C.H (Being In Total Control of Herself)

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-06-03

Jennilee:

Wow!  Your courage is really awesome.  I was also suprised to see that there was a church in Montreal.  Now living in St. Albans VT (about an hour south) I just didn't think the church would actually be able to infiltrate Quebec!  That is a real and scary eye opener! 

not only that, there's a temple in longueil, right by the stake Centre. 

Signature 

Everything we believed in was a lie
Cross the oceans in your mind
Find a way to blur the line

Oceans ~ Evanescence

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-06-24

When others (like myself) only talk about doing something, you're out there actually doing it!

So, I'm standing up and applauding!!!

Way to go François!

Signature 

Lloyd Dobler:
There is almost no limit to how bad the church will make you their bitch.

RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-16

Bonne chance mon ami

!

RankRank
Joined  2012-12-10

Hi everyone, many thanks for your support. I simply wanted to inform you that myself and others helping individuals have created this facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/ChildAbuseInProgress.ActNow You are obviously invited to click the '' like '' button if you support the legal action I have initiated. You can also follow me throught my twitter account @AtheistExMormon. I think that using this facebok page to detail all the past, present and futur elements of my legal action is a better media to use than here but rest assure that I will keep you inform throught this very topic in the postmormon community but only for the major events. Still waiting ruling from the Superior Court here in Québec. Rather unusual delay for a ruling that have only to decide the eligibility of my legal action to proceed to trial or not. While it is risky to interpretate this delay as a good sign or not, it sure tends to show that my legal action brings up quite complex legal considerations. As you can see, there are now over 18 000 people who cliked on this very link here and it is due to the fact that I had posted those pictures above with the link on different facebook group pages. That is it for now. More to come later on. Cheers, François

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-28

Francois, great work and good job thinking of new ways to approach this problem. I admire what you've done. I have followed you on Facebook and Twitter. 

You might also be interested in this group, which is working to change laws particularly in Idaho, Oregon, etc., to stop protecting religions that physically abuse children and neglect children by denying them medical care. https://www.facebook.com/groups/silentvictims/ The individuals there are very passionate about these issues. There is a related group (I think?) called Child Friendly Faith: https://www.facebook.com/groups/childfriendlyfaith/

I wish my book was out and I'd point you to that, too. I address the mind control issues that lead to the terrifying shame and self-blame that you went through, and that millions of others have suffered as well (including me). If they don't get you on masturbation, they get you on some other sin of ommission or commission via an endless Demand for Purity list that can never be completed. They need to change, and they need to change fast.

Signature 

If wickedness never was happiness, then why am I so happy?

Author of Recovering Agency: Lifting the Veil of Mormon Mind Control

Site: http://www.recoveringagency.com
Old Site: http://www.rationalrevelation.com/
Regular Blog: http://www.lunalindsey.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lunalindsey

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-03-17

Francois, 

Thank you for raising awaremenss of this important issue.
Most Mormons are completely oblivious to the fact that their abusive CULT is a haven for sexual predators.  

I was unfortunately made aware of it by a childhood friend of mine who called me up one day out of the blue to ask if I had been abused by our pedophile scout master.  

I told him I hadn't, but that I got out of scouting when I witnessed some really bizarre sexual activity in my scout troop and figured out early on that it wasn't for me.
He told me he had and that most of the boys we grew up with had, that the church knew about it all along, that he'd reported it to them and they encouraged him to keep quiet about it in order to "protect the good name of the Church" and that they'd handle it internally.  They failed to do so. And as a result he got off scott free to go on and vicitmize many other children, unfortunately. They knew he was a sexual predator prior to putting him in charge of our entire scout troop for 4 years, during which time he abused nearly every Mormon boy I knew growing up. 

It's all well documented here, here and here.  

I knew every one of those kids who were raped and the church covered it all up.

The Mormon church is no better than the Catholic Church when it comes to protecting sexual predators, because they're so arrogant that they're more interested in 'Protecting the Good Name of the Church" than they are in fulfiling their moral obligation to protect the children under their care.
And that is how religion turns otherwise fine, upstanding pillars of the community into pure evil enablers of pedophilia. 
I wish there were a hell for them to rot in alongside Hitler, but since there isn't, I'll have to keep on speaking out about their abuses, since they bought the silence of my childhood friends. 

Mine is not for sale.  

Signature 

“Not sure about a higher power but I definitely believe in re-sizing my images to not be so freaking wide.” Dark Chocolate

Our next project
will be announced soon.

Tax exempt status.
finex
Troubled Wife

Logged in: 2
Not logged in: 67
Logged in anonymous: 0
(Joined in last 24 hours)

Total members: 9665
Thinking about suicide again
by Brad (ZeeZrom)