FACEBOOK INFO
Barn
October 5th PostMormon Lecture Series 2014
Starfleet
October 5th PostMormon Lecture Series 2014
alvie
Why I am a Better Mother
by aworkinprogress
SF Bay Area Monthly Gathering SUNDAY (5/4)
exmoinaz
SF Bay Area Monthly Gathering SUNDAY (5/4)
owned
The Mormon Mask
by Born Free
Las Vegas Meetup--Jazz in the Park Saturday May 10 6:30PM
onendagus
Resignation Letter to My Family
ShadowSage
ShadowSage
Guru Busters
by Flora4
Guru Busters
by Flora4
Hbush1987
General Non-Conference: Palmetto State Session
Swearing Elder
Sunday Morning Hangout at Container Park March 30th
onendagus
Second Wednesdays
Houston
Swearing Elder
dovahkiyn
February Meetup Sunday the 16th 2:00pm Grand Cafe at Sunset Station
onendagus
Visitors welcome !
priorvej12
Las Vegas meetup Sun Jan 12th 1pm at Milos in Boulder City
onendagus
January 5th- Southern Utah PostMormon Lecture Series
gypsyrose
Book of Mormon Tories
by Tom Donofrio
Book of Mormon Tories
by Nogginus Skepticalus
  It gets better! Resources to help with coping
  House Rules for posting on this website
  Why is there sometimes anger here?
  Glossary of Post-Mormon Terms
  Frequently Asked Questions

If I had written this book when I was in the church, I would have been excommunicated.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-22

Well, I've been busy this last year. My twin granddaughters were born last November. I took care of them for several months. I wanted to tell them stories and sing songs to them about nice old ladies. Yeah, there is a song about an old man playing with sticks. But all the old ladies were either swallowing flys, etc, living in shoes, having empty cupboards, even throwing children in ovens. Ouch! So I decided I needed to write a book myself. 

The book is "The Sweeet Old Lady Down the Street".  It is available on Amazon in print and kindle versions. I have a link in my signature to the kindle version. There is a "look inside" and sample if you would like to see it. I am offering a promotional price through Thanksgiving. I also created a nursery rhyme to go with it. It is sung as a duet with a guitar and in American Sign Language and is on youtube, The Sweeet Old Lady Channel. There is also a Sweeet Old Lady Facebook Page. Children can be taught the signs along with the song.

Had I written this book when I was in church, I would have been excommunicated.  The Sweeet Old Lady embraces an alternative spiritual life. She gently teaches about kindness, compassion and empathy. She also uses crystals, gems, consults the stars, plays with funny looking cards and even dances under the the moon. Her cupboard isn't bare, it's filled with enchanting herbs. She is also very concerned about animals and has many life savings tips for their guardians in the book. I am just finishing the Sweeet Old Lady's Coloring and Activity Book. So that will be available soon. 

All of the net proceeds go to my 501(c) nonprofit cat rescue and sanctuary.

So if you would like a children's book for ages 1 to 111. It would make a great Christmas gift for too. Check it out.  

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-06-24

crazy cat lady:

Check it out.  

The guy with the axe needs to be wearing these!

Best of luck with the e-book!  :)

Signature 

DrW:
Repetitive practice of meaningless ritual and imposition of mindless busy work are both hallmarks of a true cult.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-22

LOL. Thank you.

And thanks for checking out the sample.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-05-22

crazy cat lady:

Well, I've been busy this last year. My twin granddaughters were born last November. I took care of them for several months. I wanted to tell them stories and sing songs to them about nice old ladies. Yeah, there is a song about an old man playing with sticks. But all the old ladies were either swallowing flys, etc, living in shoes, having empty cupboards, even throwing children in ovens. Ouch! So I decided I needed to write a book myself. 

The book is "The Sweeet Old Lady Down the Street".  It is available on Amazon in print and kindle versions. I have a link in my signature to the kindle version. There is a "look inside" and sample if you would like to see it. I am offering a promotional price through Thanksgiving. I also created a nursery rhyme to go with it. It is sung as a duet with a guitar and in American Sign Language and is on youtube, The Sweeet Old Lady Channel. There is also a Sweeet Old Lady Facebook Page. Children can be taught the signs along with the song.

Had I written this book when I was in church, I would have been excommunicated.  The Sweeet Old Lady embraces an alternative spiritual life. She gently teaches about kindness, compassion and empathy. She also uses crystals, gems, consults the stars, plays with funny looking cards and even dances under the the moon. Her cupboard isn't bare, it's filled with enchanting herbs. She is also very concerned about animals and has many life savings tips for their guardians in the book. I am just finishing the Sweeet Old Lady's Coloring and Activity Book. So that will be available soon. 

So if you would like a children's book for ages 1 to 111. It would make a great Christmas gift for too. Check it out.  

Oh...Crazy Cat Lady--You are Lovely!  Anyone who cares for the innocent ones is a good, good person!  You touch my heart and how I wish more folks understood the joy of helping these little children in furr pajamas.  What if we had been born animals?  How would we want to be treated?  I look forward to checking out your book!

Signature 

I laughed out loud and said “Thank you sir. And I hope every time you hear the name of JS you don’t think about him having sex with those girls and the women who were already married because if you’re going to start being honest with yourself then sooner or later you will also realize a real god would never do that, a real prophet would never do that, and it’s all just bull shit.”
Oh mercy, it just felt so damn good to say that.  —BOLD WISH

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-17

Sounds awesome. You should e-mail the Wild Hunt (news blog) about this. They would probably be willing to mention it in their next Unleash the Hounds. I don't have any kids but it sounds like fun and I love cats so I will check it out.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-22

Strong Free & Thankful:
crazy cat lady:

Oh...Crazy Cat Lady--You are Lovely!  Anyone who cares for the innocent ones is a good, good person!  You touch my heart and how I wish more folks understood the joy of helping these little children in furr pajamas.  What if we had been born animals?  How would we want to be treated?  I look forward to checking out your book!

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I guess you must have seen the pictures of my cat sanctuary on the link in the sample.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-22

quietlydifferent:
Sounds awesome. You should e-mail the Wild Hunt (news blog) about this. They would probably be willing to mention it in their next Unleash the Hounds. I don't have any kids but it sounds like fun and I love cats so I will check it out.

Thank you I'll check out the blog. It's not just for kids, I use her as a role model for the woman I want to become. I ask myself "What would the Sweeet Old Lady do?" whenever I am faced with a personal challenge.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-27

A book of fiction that does not directly attack L-d$,inc and its leadership would not have gotten you excommunicated. At least not with most Bishops I have met. A few hard line jerks may have questioned it but I doubt even they would have dumped you for it.

Signature 

My dog has Health in the navel. marrow in the bones, strength in the loins and in the sinews…

He does not, however - have power in the Priesthood.

That is reserved for the Cat.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-08-22

Nephi:

A book of fiction that does not directly attach L-d$,inc and its leadership would not have gotten you excommunicated. At least not with most Bishops I have met. A few hard line jerks may have questioned it but I doubt even they would have dumped you for it.

I had a member once suggest I be excommunicated when I responded, "I thought we had something called separation of church and state" in response to her saying, "We are Christian nation, founded on the principles of Jesus Christ."  My bishop refused me any church welfare food when I was a young mother with a 9 month old and 2 year old after my husband left us and didn't provide any child support. I had no job, no money and no food. I had to go get

government food stamps. This was when I was a temple going, tithe paying, church attending TBM. So that was a real eye opener. I don't really know what my bishop would have done, but he certainly wasn't a very understanding man. 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-27

Your Bishop at that time is one like many of us have known. Others are caring, compassionate and decent people. It varies. What one will jump on and start a church court over another will counsel and forgive. There are little authoritarians in every group. Doesn't matter if it is your local Library reading group or a church or political party. L-d$,inc has one excellent example in Sterling McMurrin who was the personal target for excommunication by Joseph Fielding Smith yet had church President David O. McKay who kept him from any church courts. After the lies the biggest problem this church has is its members and leaders.
 Signature 

My dog has Health in the navel. marrow in the bones, strength in the loins and in the sinews…

He does not, however - have power in the Priesthood.

That is reserved for the Cat.

Our next project
will be announced soon.

Tax exempt status.
dave (e_nomo)
quietlydifferent

Logged in: 2
Not logged in: 51
Logged in anonymous: 0
(Joined in last 24 hours)

Gideon

Total members: 9736