Annual ExMormon Sacramento Party
[San Francisco Bay...]
Let’s go tubing!
[Palmetto Post-Mor...]
Stampede Get Together!
[Calgary Post-Morm...]
Why I am a Better Mother
by aworkinprogress
SF Bay Area Monthly Gathering SUNDAY (5/4)
exmoinaz
SF Bay Area Monthly Gathering SUNDAY (5/4)
owned
The Mormon Mask
by Born Free
Las Vegas Meetup--Jazz in the Park Saturday May 10 6:30PM
onendagus
Resignation Letter to My Family
ShadowSage
ShadowSage
Guru Busters
by Flora4
Guru Busters
by Flora4
Hbush1987
General Non-Conference: Palmetto State Session
Swearing Elder
Sunday Morning Hangout at Container Park March 30th
onendagus
Second Wednesdays
Houston
Swearing Elder
dovahkiyn
February Meetup Sunday the 16th 2:00pm Grand Cafe at Sunset Station
onendagus
Visitors welcome !
priorvej12
Las Vegas meetup Sun Jan 12th 1pm at Milos in Boulder City
onendagus
January 5th- Southern Utah PostMormon Lecture Series
gypsyrose
Book of Mormon Tories
by Tom Donofrio
Book of Mormon Tories
by Nogginus Skepticalus
Native American DNA
by GTM
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings!
Reuben
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings!
Virginia Steve
CALM meet up for June
4bagel
  It gets better! Resources to help with coping
  House Rules for posting on this website
  Why is there sometimes anger here?
  Glossary of Post-Mormon Terms
  Frequently Asked Questions

Post Mo group in Southern Calif?

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-14

I didn't see a Post-Mo chapter in southern California. Is there one?

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-25

Life Rocks:
I didn't drr s pody mo htoup in southern California. Is there one?

I salt I saw one?    

Signature 

-Nothing beats a failure like a try 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

Life Rocks:
I didn't see a Post-Mo chapter in southern California. Is there one?

Yes! It's been a while since I planned an activity though. I'm looking at doing one in May. Before then, if you want to meet up, let's do it. I'm in the LA area. Shoot me a PM. 

Signature 

But then again, I could be wrong…

The fine print: You can also find me populating the DAMU as monomo on NewOrderMormon, Happy Guy on LifeAfterMormonism, Tim the Enchanter on Mormon Discussions, and TheWayoftheFuture on /r/exmormon (Reddit).

RankRank
Joined  2008-04-14

Hey Happy Guy et al the other So Cal. Post Mo's. YES! I was just thinking we haven't gotten together in quite a while. Let me know as soon as you get a date and I'll put it on my calendar.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-30

Any place but the beach, with all that f'ing sand!!

I liked the Pasadena adventure.  How about the Santa Anita racetrack?  There's racing every weekend in March.  I've been to that course twice in my life, 1949 & 1977.  I'm about due again!!  Third time's the charm, right?

But we all have to agree to watch Let It Ride the night before, so we know how to act the part, you know, talk the talk and walk the walk.  And someone has to volunteer to dress like Jennifer Tilly!!!   

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-14

How many have you had for your meet ups?

I have access to the Magic Castle in Hollywood.

Rank
Joined  2006-09-04

Count us in -- my wife and I.  We are new to SoCal... Huntingtom Bch

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

Alright, I've been inspired.

Let's keep it simple.

Sunday, March 2, 2014. 11:30am. Settebello Pizzeria in Pasadena, CA. Not only will be revel in each other's company, but we will be supporting a postmo establishment. It's a great place with awesome food. We've had a get together there before so let's do it again.  

Can't wait! 

Signature 

The fine print: You can also find me populating the DAMU as monomo on NewOrderMormon, Happy Guy on LifeAfterMormonism, Tim the Enchanter on Mormon Discussions, and TheWayoftheFuture on /r/exmormon (Reddit).

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-30

Let he and she who hath eyes and can read take heed: I shall be there.  

There, you have been warned. (cue ominous golf music, with lots of minor 7th chords) 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-06

PostMormons (sometimes called ExMormons) meet monthly in Brea. It usually is the second Sunday of the month, at Panera's Bread, off the 57 freeway at Imperial. We hold a three hour block and have a great time, beginning at 11AM.
 Signature 

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be”

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

apostate (FKA) strangite:
PostMormons (sometimes called ExMormons) meet monthly in Brea. It usually is the second Sunday of the month, at Panera's Bread, off the 57 freeway at Imperial. We hold a three hour block and have a great time, beginning at 11AM.

Thanks for the info. Good to know about this. 

Signature 

RankRank
Joined  2011-06-20

Happy Guy:

Let's keep it simple.

Sunday, March 2, 2014. 11:30am. Settebello Pizzeria in Pasadena, CA. Not only will be revel in each other's company, but we will be supporting a postmo establishment. It's a great place with awesome food. We've had a get together there before so let's do it again.  

Can't wait! 

I will be there!  This is the same place we went to before right?  Food was excellent!

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

puppy:
Happy Guy:

Let's keep it simple.

Can't wait! 

I will be there!  This is the same place we went to before right?  Food was excellent!

Yes. Same place. Can't wait to see you!

Signature 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-06

This Sunday, Panera's Brea in Brea, 11AM. Discussion of the UK lawsuit against Thomas Monson.
 Signature 

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be”

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

Can't wait to see everyone this upcoming Sunday!
 Signature 

RankRank
Joined  2011-06-20

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!! Exciting times in Post Mo Town: 1. Letter to CES 2. Self Abuse video 3. Can't wait to hear stories.

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-06

For those in OC, there will also be a postMormon meet at Panera's Bread in Brea this coming Sunday, 10:30 to ? Stimulating discussion and loud laughter. A hard core crowd of a dozen which sometimes grows to twenty as newbies arrive.
 Signature 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

For those in OC, there will also be a postMormon meet at Panera's Bread in Brea this coming Sunday, 10:30 to ? Stimulating discussion and loud laughter. A hard core crowd of a dozen which sometimes grows to twenty as newbies arrive.

I thought the one's in Orange County were on the 2nd Sunday. Oh well. People will have a great time wherever they go.

Signature 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-06

Hi Happy Guy, once in a while the second Sunday of each month gets changed, usually because several of the hard core crowd have a conflicting schedule. Sorry about the two gatherings this Sunday. The OC group does draw from southern OC and Riverside County, a long drive to Pasadena... We wil toast your gathering with our Diet Cokes!
 Signature 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

We wil toast your gathering with our Diet Cokes!

As will we to yours. Two gatherings on the same day is a sign of strenth. As well might Monson stretch forth his puny arm to stop the postmo stone from rolling forth to fill the earth...

Signature 

RankRank
Joined  2011-06-20

"We will toast your gathering with our Diet Cokes!"

In my house Coke is still against "my religion."

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-06

Actually Diet Coke is in the minority. Black coffee is more evident the length of our postMormon board. Shocking I know!
 Signature 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-06

Just a thought Happy Guy, if we could get five or six postMormon groups meeting across LA and OC, a PostMormon Stake might be organized. I could be the patriarch, considering my advanced age and David O. McKay white hair...
 Signature 

RankRank
Joined  2011-06-20

"I could be the patriarch, considering my advanced age and David O. McKay white hair..."

And then you can give Patriarchal blessings that are based on our horoscopes, birth year and other b.s. that will be just a effective/valid as the ones we revcieved back on the day....

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-06

And you Haooy Guy, could be our stake president, demanding respect and excommunicating less obedient saints in Courts of Love (actually Courts of Vengeance).
 Signature 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

Yeah, but then people would start calling me Crappy Guy and I don't want that. But your stake idea is great. A few more bishops and we'll have enough postmo priesthood to organize.
 Signature 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!

Settebello Pizzeria. Pasadena. 11:30am.

Signature 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

Thanks to everyone that made it yesterday! There were 32 people there and it was great. 

apostate (FKA) strangite, how did things go in Brea? 

Signature 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-22

Any Post Mo's in the Bakersfield area??  I have a longtime TBM friend who is now out and I would like to connect her to a PostMo group.  I'm several states away so I am hoping there might be someone a wee bit closer than I.

Muchas Gracias! 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-06

Happy Guy, we had twelve attendees, enjoyed three hours of comradeship and loud laughter. Most of us had breakfast and later a light lunch around the big table in Paneras. We sometimes get twenty or so regulars, visitors and first timers. I gave a report on my grandson serving in Kiev, Ukraine. We are planning on visiting a Universalist church in the future, maybe when they explore Buddhism...
 Signature 

Long Timer
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

UnMerry Miss:

Any Post Mo's in the Bakersfield area??  I have a longtime TBM friend who is now out and I would like to connect her to a PostMo group.  I'm several states away so I am hoping there might be someone a wee bit closer than I.

Muchas Gracias! 

I know one in the area but not in Bakersfield itself. I'll happen to be in Bakersfield this weekend, but it will be hard for me to connect with anyone while I'm there because of my schedule.  

Signature 

Our next project
will be announced soon.

Tax exempt status.
Bonneville2003

Logged in: 1
Not logged in: 68
Logged in anonymous: 0
(Joined in last 24 hours)

Jamiesawake
silentgirlinthebasement
dba56
Mike000540